Since our launch in 2007 Women That Soar, LLC Media has grown from producing a black-tie gala to producing televised specials that score high ratings with star-studded guests in attendance. Each year, we award trailblazers, women who have overcome personal and professional obstacles and have charted their own paths to successful rewarding lives; women who represent all cultural, socio-economic, and racial backgrounds.
We honor and celebrate the brilliance within while their inspiring stories lend a hand in bringing clarity of purpose to women just starting their journeys or are stuck somewhere along the way.
Award Nominations will recognize individuals, or programs founded by women, who are making significant and ground-breaking achievements in Community Outreach, Mentorship with a focus on gender equity, and Business.
- An exceptional woman with a compelling story who takes extraordinary action to show leadership in her community or mentorship.
- Women owned/founded programs, and partners who best exemplify the values and priorities of community outreach or mentorship.
- Demonstration of sustained commitment to the values of diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism by documented efforts that are above and beyond the routine advocating for social justice.
- Leadership – Recognizing individuals who are leaders though influence and example, inspiring those around them and contributing to their communities and the university. (Not solely confined to traditional definitions of leadership.)
- Actively involved in the community demonstrating investment and engagement within the community and beyond.
- Demonstrated record of success in their community activism (e.g. scholarships/fellowships, community awards, citations, placement, career achievements, scholarly works).
- Assists mentees in acquiring the skills and resources needed to succeed as scholars and professionals.
- Long-term commitment to mentoring (relationship following).
- Encourages mentees to develop individual talents and strengths by acting as an advisor and guide.
- Business award nominees MUST be in business for 3 to 5 plus years, run a successful business that generates $500K plus a year, and has a story of overcoming personal or professional obstacle.
Submission Rules and Deadline
- Nomination submissions are at no cost.
- All questions on submission form with an asterick (*) MUST be completed or will be considered in-eligible.
- Submission deadline is January 15th, 2018 at 12:00 mid-night [CST].
- Operating for over 3 years
- Women from every cultural, social, economic, racial background, between the ages of 20-65, who meet the criteria’s and have not received a WTS award in the past.
- Businesses or Organizations with a minimum of 50% woman-ownership.
- WTS Committee will review all entries to ensure nominees meet criteria and eligibility guidelines.
- WTS committee reserves the right to chose winners, although we do take into consideration the amount of votes each nominee receives.
- Award recipients will be announced by WTS on January 30th, 2018.