Dr. Shirley Luu is an Award-winning financial advisor, bestselling author, hands-on trainer, and national speaker on financial literacy. She is a renowned wealth guru with over 25 years of expertise in the financial services field that sets her apart as one of the industry’s most notable authorities and recently selected by Forbes Magazine’s 50 over 50 as one of the most influential women in finance.
Serving as an Executive Field Chairman for First Financial Security, Shirley Luu has dedicated over 25 years to informing, educating, and empowering individuals and business owners on the most powerful mediums for lifetime income and retirement. Her McLean Virginia-based “Shirley Luu & Associates, L.L.C.” supports a team of over four thousand diverse licensed professionals nationwide, offering business opportunities to anyone with the drive to learn. She strives to master the nuances of configuring the best new and established financial and insurance products to serve her clients’ specific financial security needs. In 2021 her firm was recognized by the Washington Business Journal as one of the 75 Fastest-Growing Companies in the Washington DC area and was the only financial services firm to make the list that year.
Her inspirational journey as a widowed mother of three has shaped her into a philanthropic influencer. Having experienced the unique challenges facing women and families when there is a loss of support and income, she endeavors to educate women across the globe to “know their money” through various organizations, events, and community enrichment programs, including the LiSA Initiative.
Released May 2021, Shirley’s first book “I.U.L. A.S.A.P.” became an Amazon bestseller in seven categories within the first week. It continues to maintain its status in the top 20 Life insurance books throughout the year and is the number 1 book in the I.U.L. category.
Shirley has appeared on various T.V. programs like local news networks such as Channel 5 Fox W.T.T.G., Channel 9 New W.U.S.A., and Channel 7 W.J.L.A. In post-COVID 2021, she filmed a T.V. pilot titled “Overcomers” scheduled for broadcast in 2022.
Amid Shirley’s many recognitions, several acknowledge her support for nonprofit and philanthropic causes that include but are not limited to financial literacy, single-parent families, and food for those in need. Not long ago, she had a Syndicated show on Sirius XM Satellite Radio in all 50 states; was the Host and Co-producer of the Cable Television Series The Real Secrets of Money; and a Financial Literacy Speaker on Dish Network in the U.S. and Canada.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2021 Selected by Forbes Magazine’s 50 over 50 as one of the most influential women in finance
- 2021 Washington Business Journal’s Fastest Growing 75 Companies
- 2021 Published in Marquise Who’s Who in America
- 2021 Nominated for NAWBO’s Businesswoman of the Year
- 2021 TV Pilot for a show called OVERCOMERS teaching as a Financial Literacy Coach
- 2020 COPA Magazine’s Women of the Year September issue & Businesswomen of the Year, December issue
- 2019 Northern Virginia Leadership Awards – Corporate Leadership
- 2019 December 2019 Fairfax County Bea Malone Small Business Award
- 2018 Featured in Oprah Magazine, July issue
- 2016 Forbes Magazine Top Financial Leader, October issue